Friday 2 March 2007

Airside


























I have been a huge fan of Airside's work before I'd ever heard of them, as I own a load of Lemon Jelly's records, and half of Lemon Jelly is Airside's co-founder and creative director Fred Deakin.

There seems to be loads of crossover from the world of music and design, and here it pops up again. I have always loved the Airside stuff, mostly because of it's colour and groovy illustration. I will write a full analysis again, as they cover so much good ground from print, installations, web, video, music. ace.

Airside have recently done this spot for Mika. Much of Airside's older work is vibrant and in full technicolour, full of great little characters whom they appear to adapt from all over the place (mostly from Japanese character design). The Mika spot carries on that tradition from the LemonJelly stuff, and their style is most suitable for Mika, the flamboyant new kid on the block.

No comments: